Once again AARP will be providing free help in filing income taxes or homestead taxes for people over 60 years of age during February and March. There will be IRS trained counselors to provide e-filed returns.
Services will be provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays, by appointment only. You may call 715-627-6580 after January 14th to make an appointment. You must leave a message with your name, telephone number and the best time to reach you. You WILL be called back. Messages are checked daily. The counselors will work at CoVantage Credit Union at the corner of Sixth Avenue and Clermont St. in Antigo.
Please bring with you the following items:
- Social Security cards for yourself and all of your dependents
- Social Security report with the pink box.
- Photo identification of yourself and spouse, if appropriate.
- Both spouses must be present.
- If you own your home – receipts for taxes paid in 2015 as well as the 2015 taxes, even if they are not yet paid.
- Form 1098 – mortgage interest.
- If renting – a rent certificate completed by your landlord. Be sure it is signed and dated. It must not contain any corrections.
- COPY OF LAST YEAR’S INCOME TAX OR HOMESTEAD RETURNS.
- All W-2 forms from employers
- W-2 for gambling winnings and proof of losses.
- All 1099 forms. This includes 1099INT, 1099B, 1099DIV, 1099R from retirement or social security and 1099G for unemployment.
- Total amount of SSI received.
- Receipts or cancelled checks for all medical expenses, INCLUDING PREMIUM COSTS FOR HEALTH INSURANCE POLICIES, LONG TERM CARE NSURANCE, PART D MEDICARE
- Because of the Affordable Car Act insurance information is important.
- Proof of contributions to charities.
- Small business or rental income and expenses.
- Any other income you receive.