Health Department receives Level II certificate
Antigo Times Staff
Angela Nimsgern, Regional Director for the State Department of Public Health, recently presented a Level II Local Health Department certificate to Judy Popelka, Board of Health Member at Large, along with the staff of the Langlade County Health Department.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services is required to review all Wisconsin local health departments at the county or municipality level every five years. The review helps to determine if the health department is a Level I, II or III department. A Level I department meets the minimum requirements, while a Level III department meets the maximum requirements of a local health department.
The goal of the Langlade County Health Department is to assure an environment in which people can be healthy. The Health Department provides:
- Health assessment, information and referrals.
- Early detection of health problems and referrals.
- Information on healthy living.
- Assistance with environmental problems that impact health.
- Actively support community policies that provide a healthy environment.
- Public Health
For more information about the Langlade County Health Department, call (715) 627-6250 or visit langladecountyhealth.org.