WisDOT announces weight limits removals for North Central Region state highways
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region today announced the schedule for lifting the springtime posted road weight restrictions on some of the region’s state highways.
Weight restrictions will be lifted at noon on Monday, April 18, 2016 on the following highways:
- WIS 54, Wood County, between the west Wood County line and WIS 80.
- WIS 54, Wood County, from the south intersection of WIS 80 to one mile west of the intersection with WIS 73.
- WIS 173, Wood County, between the north intersection with WIS 80 and Wood County G.
- WIS 107, Marathon County, between Marathon County A and the Lincoln County line.
- WIS 107, Lincoln County, between the Marathon County line and WIS 64.
- WIS 107, Lincoln County, between Matthew’s Road and Lincoln County S.
- WIS 153, Marathon County, between Marathon County J and the Shawano County line.
- WIS 153, Shawano County, between the Marathon County line and US 45.
Class II roadway weight restrictions are still in effect. Additional information and updates for weight limit restrictions can be found on the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website at: http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/com-drv-vehs/mtr-car-trkr/ssnl-wt-rsrctns/class2roads.aspx
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s north central region:
- Follow us on Twitter: @WisDOTnorthcent
- Visit the region’s 511 website: http://projects.511wi.gov/region/north-central/
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.