By Craig Marx, Editor
The popular Music in the Park concert series is ready to begin for the summer of 2016, starting with the Antigo Jazz Band and Honors Choir on Monday, June 6th. Start time for the performance is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
Music in the Park in Antigo has been going on for over 10 years now, starting from humble beginnings with a handful of local musicians that played perhaps once a month. The event has grown to include a different featured act bi-weekly all the way through the end of August.
New musicians added to the schedule this year include KNX, JG Lightborn, and the 1st Brigade Civil War Band to highlight Fourth of July Weekend (on Saturday, July 2nd).
Music in the Park is always held at the bandstand and surrounding areas of City Park West on Aurora Street in Antigo. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be moved to the Langlade County Fairgrounds Pavilion. The county’s new Everbridge emergency/alert system will be able to provide text updates in such instances. Sign up information for this service can be found at www.alcinfo.com.
- Monday, June 6th – Antigo Jazz Band and Honors Choir – sponsored by Mark Aldrich, DPM Inc.; hot dog plates, pies, and custard by the Antigo Music Faculty
- Thursday, June 9th – Spot Lite Polka – sponsored by Cousineau Auto; pies, desserts, and custard by Cub Scout Pack 643
- Monday, June 13th – Thrillbillies (bluegrass) – sponsored by Johnson Coil; pizza, veggies, fruit, pie, and custard by Living Waters International
- Thursday, June 16th – Northenaires – sponsored by Music Donors; hamburgers, brat plates, pie and custard by Langlade County Crime Stoppers
- Monday, June 20th – KNX (country and variety) – sponsored by Music Donors; pies and custard by Antigo Band Booster
- Thursday, June 23rd – No Schtick (variety) – sponsored by Antigo Complete Dental; ham sandwich and hot dog plates, pie and custard by Purple Wings Relay Team
- Monday, June 27th – Dang Its (country) – sponsored by Music Donors; BBQ, hot dog plates, pie and custard by St. Wencel’s Church
- Thursday, June 30th – The Silhouettes – sponsored by Music Donors; Optimist Cheese Curds, pies and custard by the Antigo Swim Club
- Saturday, July 2nd – 1st Brigade Civil War Band at 4:30 p.m. (military and Civil War Era music) – sponsored by Bradley Funeral Home and Chris and Patty Shinners
- Music Fundraising Picnic at 3 p.m. with Salm Sausages and Optimist Cheese Curds, with pie and custard by the Tree Toppers 4-H and Triple Progress 4-H
- Thursday, July 7th – JG Lightborn (variety) – sponsored by Music Donors; pie and custard by SS Mary Hyacinth
- Monday, July 11th – Rocker (oldies rock and roll) – sponsored by Music Donors; pies, desserts, and custard by Langlade County Humane Society
- Thursday, July 14th – Antigo Community Band (big band music) – sponsored by Antigo Junior Womens Club; pies and custard by Calvary Lutheran Church
- Monday, July 18th – Foxfire (country) – sponsored by Brickners of Antigo; hamburgers, brats, hot dogs, pie and custard by Faith Center Church of God
- Thursday, July 21st – Lyles Band and More (country/religious) – sponsored by Music Donors; pies and custard by Langlade Area Arts
- Monday, July 25th – Deleglise Street Band – sponsored by Music Donors; pies by Antigo Rotary Club
- Thursday, July 28th – Elvis Tribute and the Hayek Family (classic rock) – sponsored by Natural Living; brats, potato salad, chips, pies and custard by Langlade County Right to Life
- Monday, August 1st – Hip Pocket (big band music) – sponsored by Aspirus Langlade Hospital; BBQ, chips, pies and custard by Hospital Auxiliary
- Thursday, August 4th – Stone Soup (religious) – sponsored by Antigo Lions Club; BBQ beef, potato salad, pies and custard by Antigo Food Pantry and Lions Club
- Monday, August 8th – Second Edition (polka and waltz music) – sponsored by Fred Berner; sandwich plate, pie and custard by AVAIL
- Thursday, August 11th – MLC Band (blues) – sponsored by Antigo Dental Clinic, Dr. Meghan and Timothy O’Brien; BBQ plate, desserts, pies and custard by Community Special Needs
- Monday, August 15th – Sawtooth Brothers (bluegrass) – sponsored by Strasser-Roller Funeral Home; Optimist Chesse Curds, pies and custard by CoVantage Credit Union in support of the Boys and Girls Club of Langlade County
- Thursday, August 18th – 2/3 of Dunn (variety) – sponsored by Music Donors; BBQ plate, pie and custard by St. John Catholic Church
- Monday, August 22nd – Slidin’ on Ice (variety) – sponsored by DeDe Cromer; sloppy joes, hot dogs, root beer floats, pies and custard by Antigo United Methodist Church
- Thursday, August 25th – Antigo Talent Night – sponsored by Antigo Optimist Club; cheese curds, pies and custard by Antigo Optimist Club
- Monday, August 29th – Trillium (vocal) – sponsored by Evergreen Terrace; pies and custard by the Langlade County Historical Society