WisDOT works to open areas impacted by flooding in Northern Wisconsin
US 2 in Ashland and Iron Counties is now open to vehicle and light truck traffic with a local detour around an impacted area in Odanah. Work in Odanah is expected to be complete by the end of the week. Semi-truck traffic should follow the posted truck detour via US 51, WIS 77, WIS 13, US 63 and US 53.
- WIS 13 corridor is closed between Mellen and WIS 112. Use WIS 77, US 63, US 53 and US 2 as alternative route.
- US 63 is closed at Twentymile Creek near Grand View. Traffic is detoured via County Highway N and County Highway A.
o Work to repair damages on US 63 began Monday, July 18. The project will include debris removal, culvert repair and pavement work. WisDOT anticipates this project will be complete and US 63 will be open to traffic mid-August.
- WIS 122 closed north of US 2 to Michigan State line. Work expected to begin next week. No official detour posted.
- WIS 169 is closed between WIS 13 and US 2. No official detour posted.
- Work to replace the culvert at the South Tributary to Vaughn Creek, located one-half-mile north of Gurney (between Cameron Road and Jensen Road) began today (July 19). Crews plan to open to local traffic only by the end of the day July 20. Project completion scheduled for August 31.
Motorists are advised to use caution in these areas and adhere to signed closures. For up-to-date closures and detour information visit www.511wi.gov, download the free mobile app or follow @511WI on Twitter.