For the Antigo Times
Services will be provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only. You may call (715) 627-6580 after January 23rd to make an appointment. You must leave your name, telephone number and the best time to reach you. You will be called back. Messages are checked daily. The Tax Counselors will be at CoVantage Credit Union on the corner of Sixth Avenue and Clermont St. in Antigo.
You are required to bring with you the following items:
- A void check or total savings account number to e-file
- Social Security cards for yourself and all of your dependents
- Photo identification of yourself/spouse who must be present
- A copy of last year’s (2016) tax return
- All forms of income: Social Security report with the Pink Box SSA-1099
- Real Estate Taxes paid in 2016 as well as the 2016 Real Estate Tax Bill, even if they are not yet paid if you own your home
- Mortgage Interest Form – 1098
- A Rent Certificate completed by your landlord; be sure it is signed and dated. It must not contain any corrections.
- All employers W-2 forms
- Gambling winnings W-2G and proof of losses
- Al 1099 forms – 1099 Interest, 1099 B, 1099 Dividend, 1099 R from retirement of Social Security and 1099G Unemployment
- Total amount of SSI received state and federal
- Receipts for all medical expenses, including premium costs for health insurance policies, long term care insurance, Part D Medicare
- Personal and Affordable Care Act insurance info is important
- Proof of contributions to charities
- Small business or rental income and expenses
- Any other income you received
We need this information to process your taxes.