Antigo Police Department Warrant of the Week
Warrant of the Week:
The Antigo Police Department holds an arrest warrant for Jesse W. Firgens d.o.b. 10-26-78. Jesse is wanted for failing to appear in court on charges of felony possession of methamphetamine. The warrant is valid as of 05-23-17. Those with information on his whereabouts are urged to call the Antigo Police Department at (715) 627-6411 or Langlade County Crimestoppers at 715-627-NAIL (6245). Callers may remain anonymous. You can also view a list of all warrants at our website, www.antigo-city.org. With your cooperation we can continue to protect and serve the City of Antigo.
It’s almost summer, fuel up your moped and put air in the tires but remember the rules of the road when it comes to moped operation. Often times the rules for operating a moped are forgotten, and the operation itself ends up being illegal. Here are a few rules to remember if you are still driving your moped:
- A moped is a type one motorcycle meaning it has two or three wheels, an automatic transmission, and the engine is not more than 50cc.
- If the vehicle qualifies as a moped, the driver is only required to have a valid, class D, basic driver’s license. If the vehicle is bigger than a moped and has a manual transmission or more than 50cc, the driver is required to have a valid class M, or Motorcycle endorsement.
- A moped is subject to all state traffic laws.
- Mopeds may not be driven on freeways.
- Passengers are prohibited on a moped even if the moped is designed with two sets of foot pegs and a passenger seat.
- Mopeds are allowed to park on the sidewalk, but can not be operated on sidewalks.