From the Antigo Times
The initial appearance for Billie Jo McSherry (29) was held on Monday, July 24 at the Portage County Circuit Court and outlined nine different charges that the defendant faces following a drunk driving accident that occurred on July 8 causing the death of Antigo native Robert Korhonen and critically injuring his motorcycle passenger Stacey Zarda.
The charges McSherry faces include:
- Homicide by intoxicated use of vehicle
- Homicide by use of vehicle with a prohibited blood alcohol content
- Injury by intoxicated use of vehicle
- Injury by use of vehicle with a prohibited blood alcohol content
- Operating while intoxicated causing injury to a passenger under 16 years old
- Prohibited blood alcohol content causing injury to a passenger under 16 years old
- Battery to an emergency rescue worker
- Resisting or obstructing an officer
- Disorderly conduct
Seven of the nine charges are felonies in the state of Wisconsin. McSherry was reportedly operating her vehicle at a 0.3 BAC when she struck Korhonen’s motorcycle after crossing the center line of Highway 49. McSherry also had her nine-year old child with her in her vehicle at the time of the accident. The recent charges include the defendant’s third OWI offense.
McSherry is scheduled to appear for her preliminary hearing in Portage County on Monday, August 7.