For the Antigo Times
AARP will be providing free help in filing Homestead and Income Taxes, for people with low to moderated income and emphasis on the elderly during February and March 2018.
Services will be provided on Tuesday and Thursdays, by appointment only. You may call 715-627-6580 after January 12 to make an appointment. You must leave your name, telephone number and the best time to reach you. You WILL be called back. Messages are checked daily. The Tax Counselors will be at CoVantage Credit Union corner of Sixth Avenue and Clermont Street in Antigo.
You are required to bring the following items:
- Social Security cards for yourself and all of your dependents
- Photo identification for yourself / spouse who must be present
- COPY OF YOUR LAST YEAR’S TAX RETURN – 2016
- Social Security report with the Pink Box SSA-1099
- Real Estate Taxes paid in 2017 as well as the 2017 Real Estate Tax Bill, even if they are NOT YET PAID if you own your home
- Mortgage Interest Form – 1098
- A rent certificate completed by your landlord – be sure it is signed and dated. It must NOT contain any corrections.
- All employers W-2 Forms
- Gambling winnings W-2G and proof of losses
- All 1099 forms: 1099 Interest, 1099 B, 1099 Dividend, 1099R from retirement of Social Security and 1099G Unemployment
- Total amount of SSI received State and Federal
- Receipts for all medical expenses, INCLUDING PREMIUM COSTS FOR HEALTH INSURANCE POLICIES, LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE, PART D MEDICARE
- Personal and Affordable Care Act insurance info is important
- Proof of contributions to charities
- Small business or rental income and expenses
- Any other income you received