The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) today announced the seasonal posting of weight limits on several state highways in north central Wisconsin. The weight restrictions are 6 tons gross load for single axle vehicles and 10 tons gross load for tandem axle vehicles (any two axles under 8 feet apart). The maximum gross weight is 24 tons.
Weight restrictions will be effective at noon on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 on the following highways:
- WIS 52, Langlade County, from WIS 55 to the north Langlade County line
- WIS 52, Forest County, from the south Forest County line to Smith Road
- WIS 54, Wood County, from the west Wood County line to WIS 80
- WIS 54, Wood County, from the south intersection with WIS 80 to one mile west of the intersection with WIS 73
- WIS 107, Marathon County, from Marathon County A to the Lincoln County line
- WIS 107, Lincoln County, from the Marathon County line to WIS 64
- WIS 107, Lincoln County, from Matthew’s Road to Lincoln County S
- WIS 153, Marathon County, from Marathon County J to the Shawano County line
- WIS 153, Shawano County, from the Marathon County line to US 45
- WIS 173, Wood County, from the north intersection with WIS 80 to Wood County G
Seasonal weight restrictions (springtime posted roads) are placed on specific highways during the spring thaw period. The restrictions are added to prevent damage to the pavement structure.
In the event of unpredicted cold weather, the postings in each county may be delayed as conditions require, and will become effective at the discretion of the State Highway Engineer.
For more information regarding traffic impacts and improvement projects in Wisconsin’s north central region:
- Twitter: @WisDOTnorthcent
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.